20 April, 2009

Astray: Body 3

Working on the rear parts of the body as well as some of the innards. Love the stuff they put in this thing.

At the behest of Knolly, I added a little bit of body where the V-fin meets the helmet, but that's the extent that I will alter it.

mobile suit gundam seed destiny infinite justice strike EVOLVE Perfect Grade PG freedom astray red frame MG 3d mesh cg sandrum

Labels:

Comments on "Astray: Body 3"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Apr 21, 2009, 12:12:00 AM) : 

Success!!!

Thanks for that, but my apologies for being so anal about such a small part. This is looking glorious though.

By the way, is the backpack moving mechanism in the PG? I'm yet to see a pic of the PG like that, but I assume it is at least...

And any chance you're considering taking a whack at the flight pack when this is all said and done?

 

Blogger sandrum said ... (Apr 21, 2009, 8:29:00 AM) : 

The ability for the backpack to rotate downward and away from the striker connection is indeed present in the PG model. Pretty cool really -- but it's worth jack unless you have the Aile pack or some other (as yet uncreated) striker pack. Oh well.

I'm thinking of making that flight pack too but probably not before fixing the Aile pack if I can.

 

Anonymous Quietstorm said ... (Apr 22, 2009, 11:07:00 AM) : 

You know something has been bugging me about the PG Astray. Now this is a minor detail, but it caught me attention. You know how Three frames still use the back pack while in up graded forms (such as the Red Frame with the flight unit and Powered Red). I've seen images of the beam sabers still attached to the back pack when it it stowed on the lower back vs the way the PG version has them mounted to hard points on the back. Has anyone else noticed that?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Apr 23, 2009, 6:34:00 PM) : 

@Quietstorm:
I actually didn't notice that... You're right, in all of the official lineart of the Astray, the beam sabers are connected to the backpack. The beam sabers are mounted on the back of the machine in the 1/144 HG kit as well for some reason (although they are on the backpack in the 1/100).

 

Anonymous Quietstorm said ... (Apr 23, 2009, 7:12:00 PM) : 

@ Knolly

I appreciate that. I think when I put my the PG Astray together I may do it the 1/100 way. Gives more possibilities with the other equipment in the future.

@ Sandrum
Any possibility of the MBF-P01-Re2AMATU Gundam Astray
Gold Frame Amatu Mina Custom http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/xastray/mbf-p01-re2.jpg, MBF-P02 Gundam Astray Red Frame "Powered Red" http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/astrayr/mbf-p02-powered.jpg, or (a long shot, but I had to ask... the kick @ss ZGMF-X11A Regenerate Gundam http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/astrayr/zgmf-x11a.jpg. Of course I could request all day the killer designs of the other Astray variants as well. Same goes for the Star Gazer variants... and I won't start on 00... damn they did a good job with that series!!

 

Blogger sandrum said ... (Apr 23, 2009, 8:24:00 PM) : 

It may actually be a major detail if the beam sabers obstruct the attachment of a striker pack. I'm realizing section by section that the plamo guys didn't follow directions as much as they should have. Some of these details are pretty far off. While the end result looks nice, it's lacking in detail and doesn't match Bee-Crafts original PG idea. I'm usually not a stickler for this kind of thing but I'm really disappointed in some of the direction taken with this. A lot of it looks more like the PG M-1 Astray instead of the PG Gundam Astray. --The beam saber holsters are removable in the plastic model, but just why they aren't attached to the backpack is a mystery to me.

As for the other MS's you mentioned, I thought about not making them to be honest. I mean I really have tons of other places I wanted to hit as well -- but who knows. The astray was on my list from the beginning, but the Amatsu (sorry but yuck) was never on the list. I had thought about the Regenerate and still do sometimes. The Powered Red i was thinking about for a bit though as well as the flightpack and I guess the M-1 would be doable relatively easily.

Yeah, one of the great things and annoying things about gundam is that you could go on forever with a lot of neat looking designs from a lot of series ..

 

Anonymous Quietstorminatl said ... (Apr 24, 2009, 2:51:00 AM) : 

Very true... Personally if they want to get in peoples wallets (once again) I don't know how they could pass up a PG 00 Raiser... Speaking of Bee-craft's work is on point. Katoki as well. To my surprise the what... 4 or 5 artist that did the Mobile suits in 00 really impressed me. Although I still felt like some of the designs were something like re:gundam wing, they still were fresh as well as bad @ss.

 

post a comment