18 April, 2009

Astray: Body 2

Took some time. I went back to the head and redid a few parts, especially the rear mounted "whateverthoseare" that look like vents. Bee-Crafts image seems to differ from the model kit so I went with the image over the kit.

The frame in the body is still being detailed but the light armor is about right. Again the kit differs from Bee-Crafts concept image and even lacks some of the detail that exists on the HG/100 versions of the kit. So after espousing some of those extra nooks and crannys into the body I moved on to the waist... (though some legacy mesh exists in the body that has to be removed -- visible from the rear shot).

..which is again different from the concept image. I again went with Bee-Crafts idea on the waist over the kit idea. I wonder if the kit guys missed this on purpose or if an MG with much better concept-realization will be thrown at us. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I didn't do too bad on the waist frame from the Strike so I really just took the armor off and added the Astray armor right on top.

Started on the frame of the legs and the arms at the same time but haven't really gone far enough to see anything yet.

mobile suit gundam seed destiny infinite justice strike EVOLVE Perfect Grade PG freedom astray red frame MG 3d mesh cg sandrum

Labels:

Comments on "Astray: Body 2"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Apr 19, 2009, 2:12:00 AM) : 

Looking absolutely deadly. Hot damn that's a great design.

Anyhow, I know I mentioned it before, but the V-fin just bothers me... I've always though the Astray had a rather distinct V-fin, and your alterations sort of "normalized" it.

I see that they changed the shape a bit on the PG, but you change the inner part quite a bit even from the PG design, making those notches at the top rather than having the line from the notches continue down, having making the gap where the two sides meet the head larger, rather than having it meet at a point (or in the case of a PG, they WOULD be meeting at a point if not for a notch).

Obviously it's completely up to you, I just figure I'd offer up some constructive criticism.

 

Anonymous Feylin said ... (Apr 19, 2009, 12:03:00 PM) : 

Damn! That's your highest quality model yet! Looks amazing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Apr 19, 2009, 12:48:00 PM) : 

Looking great! This is going to be one sexy astray when it is done. Lol!

 

post a comment