05 April, 2009

Astray Red Frame: GO!

mobile suit gundam seed destiny infinite justice strike EVOLVE Perfect Grade PG freedom astray red frame MG 3d mesh cg sandrum


Still building the actual plastic kit, but I thought I'd give the head a whirl -- or the start of a whirl. So much detail in the real thing that it's startling. Wonder if I'll ever even want to build the extras. The clear plastic armor isn't as interesting as I thought it would be.

Of course the red parts in the above illustration are what should be parts of the suit compatible or otherwise identical to the X100 frame. So one would think that transition from the strike to the astray would be gold. But since the Evolve Strike was mostly guesswork or based off of various images on the net or provided by email, the mesh isn't as faithful to the original PG model as I would have liked, so I'll be replacing parts of the X100 frame that didn't turn out by making them on the PG astray and then throwing them back on the strike.

But anyway, the beginnings of the ol astray head.

mobile suit gundam seed destiny infinite justice strike EVOLVE Perfect Grade PG freedom astray red frame MG 3d mesh cg sandrum

Labels:

Comments on "Astray Red Frame: GO!"

 

Anonymous Quietstorm said ... (Apr 5, 2009, 2:37:00 PM) : 

YES! I've been waiting for this day...

 

Blogger Cirrus Schneider said ... (Apr 5, 2009, 9:56:00 PM) : 

2 questions:

1) Out of curiosity did the PG Astray come with the M1 Astray flight pack?

2) Are you going to make the Gold Frame Amatu and the Blue Frame upgrades to go with this project?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Apr 6, 2009, 1:16:00 AM) : 

YES YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

Godspeed on this one.

@Cirrus:
The PG Astray doesn't include the M1 flight pack sadly.

 

Blogger sandrum said ... (Apr 6, 2009, 2:24:00 AM) : 

@Cirrus:
Knolly nailed it on that one. Sad but true, despite being listed in the manual as an optional unit (among others) it isn't included. But I would guess that maybe the PG aile pack fits?? I guess someone will have to verify that one.

As for the "other" Astrays... I don't know. If the wind takes me there maybe. But I'm not much of an Amatsu fan so I'll say no to that one specifically -- for the time being.

 

post a comment