26 April, 2010

Kshatriya: Body 1.5

I really haven't had the time to get back to this lately so this one is slow going. I've not made enough corrections to the poly flow for some of the detail and there's no frame under the chest mounted cannons. Kind of so-so around the stomach area too and there's absolutely nothing under the cockpit hatch as is.

mobile suit gundam Unicorn Destroy mode 3d mesh cg sandrum Kshatriya

Labels:

Comments on "Kshatriya: Body 1.5"

 

Blogger eMas86 said ... (Apr 26, 2010, 2:07:00 PM) : 

You're really into it, keep it up!!!

 

Blogger Enalung said ... (Apr 27, 2010, 7:41:00 PM) : 

I'm curious about your modeling techniques. I've been modeling for now almost a year and I can't make anything near that clean. Could you share a few tips, or perhaps point me to where you learned your techniques?

 

Blogger sandrum said ... (Apr 28, 2010, 1:31:00 AM) : 

@Takashi: I'm into it...but time is not into me. :o

@Enalung: It's quite messy actually. There are pinches in a lot of places and signs of non-smoothed, low poly surfaces everywhere. Might have to squint to see them though.

 

Blogger Enalung said ... (May 17, 2010, 6:57:00 PM) : 

Still quite a bit cleaner then what I can do so far. The edge flow is something I feel I have the hang of, finding holes in the model is fairly easy and as for the pinches, they don't really matter if you can't see them. 3d isn't about getting everything perfect, it's about making something that's believable.

What's really bugging me is that I just haven't found a way to make those perfect intersections of round surfaces without deforming everything.

 

Blogger Enalung said ... (May 17, 2010, 7:00:00 PM) : 

I guess I'd like to know more about your workflow. A large part of my problem is how messy mine is.

 

post a comment