26 August, 2008

Saviour Impulse: Backpack 1

Again and again I planned to return to the Saviour to give it that extra SHAZAM! But I was always diverted to another idea or project. So instead of starting from scratch on the Saviour or starting from where I left off on the very old mesh, I thought… “HEY! Why not make the Saviour backpack a SILHOUETTE!!??” Sure, it never happened in the show(s) nor in the manga(s) as far as I’m aware, but there seems to exist a Chaos-Impulse, Gaia-Impulse and Abyss-Impulse (or at least the idea exists). Wondered why there wasn’t a Saviour-Impulse, but if I had to guess, it’s possible that one of the previous Impulse variations might have only made the design redundant. Speculation of course, but I thought about going ahead with the Silhouette idea anyway.
mobile suit gundam seed destiny saviour impulse gundam force sword blast 3d mesh cg sandrum

Truthfully, I don’t actually know if the MSV (XXX) Impulses are actually silhouette system packs (they don’t look like it) but seeing as how the Impulse, Chaos, Abyss, Saviour, and Gaia are “second stage” units, I figured basing the Saviour’s chassis on the Impulse and in that frame of mind, making the Saviours backpack part of the Silhouette system (hard wired on the Saviour itself – but attachable to the Impulse for lulz).
Then obviously graduate to changing the actual Impulse chassis to the Saviours. Not a tall order, really. Just putting it down in words so that I can keep on track.

The re-re-start of the backpack…as a silhouette. Still need to do some adjustments on the base.

mobile suit gundam seed destiny saviour impulse gundam force sword blast 3d mesh cg sandrum

Labels: ,

Comments on "Saviour Impulse: Backpack 1"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Aug 26, 2008, 10:21:00 PM) : 

some time ago I saw kitbash of Saviour & Impulse, I will try to find it, maybe it will help You

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Aug 26, 2008, 10:24:00 PM) : 

Here ou go: http://media.photobucket.com/image/saviour%20impulse/5paragon/Mecha/saviorimpulse.jpg?o=1
Hope this helps

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Aug 27, 2008, 12:34:00 AM) : 

I've never seen those impulses before. All the prototypes I've seen are done by zaku's, ginns, etc. Of course, there's Destiny Impulse, but that's different (or not). Anyway, it sounds cool, what you're doing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Aug 27, 2008, 12:00:00 PM) : 

As far as I'm aware, the best traits of the Chaos, Abyss and Gaia were incorporated into the Silhouette packs but miniaturized. The trio Gundams were created as dedicated units whereas the Impulse was a multi role Suit designed to fulfill several roles and switch easily when needed.
It didn't perform in each dedicated area as well as each but it was more versatile. It helped that Shinn was the test pilot though. An added benefit was that since the Impulse could separate into parts it could shrug off attacks easier.

But I like this project. You should do a Destiny Impulse too.

 

Blogger masters3d said ... (Aug 28, 2008, 1:24:00 AM) : 

This is just beautiful, flat out sexy. You have truly inspired me. Thanks for sharing.

 

post a comment