07 June, 2008

Impulse Gundam V2: Core Splendor 2

Haven't gotten to or figured out all of the bits and bobs yet, but sometime soon I should have this nailed. Maybe in the next few days. Gotta get some sleep for tomorrows workout, but this is what's going on so far.

mobile suit gundam seed destiny impulse gundam force sword blast 3d mesh cg sandrum

Labels:

Back to TOP

Comments on "Impulse Gundam V2: Core Splendor 2"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Jun 8, 2008, 4:18:00 PM) : 

Hey, I have some general questions...

What are your average poly counts on some of these completed models (for instance the GM Quel)? Do you generally do most of the detailing with bump maps or do you actually model the small detailed areas and add paint and color later?

I ask because I'm a game art student using 3ds Max. In an attempt to do a GM Custom, most of my work had to be done with diffuse maps to create details like decals, markings, and exhaust vents. The model was used for animation purposes so I had to keep it around 6,000 polys so it didn't come out as good as the Quel you made (same suit, different colors).

All of your models are exquisite and high detailed. I was just wondering if you had any advice when it comes to doing Mobile Suits. Thanks!

Sincerely,
Game Art Student and Gundam Fan Carl

 

Blogger sandrum said ... (Jun 19, 2009, 8:13:00 PM) : 

WOW! This is late in coming!

Generally, unless I'm feeling lazy I tend to model as much of the detail as possible. If I feel lazy or I realize that additional detail might destroy the poly flow of the model, I end up using bump maps instead (not so often I may redo the part in question so that better detail can be added without destroying poly flow). For most of that it's trial and error. The quel of course has the frame with it and the total came to just under 100,000polys at the time because of some "made up" stuff that the plastic model frame lacked. That rose a bit when I made the coreblock from the GM Kai...etc.

 

post a comment