20 February, 2008

Akatsuki: Head 1

mobile suit gundam akatsuki destiny 3d mesh cg sandrum


I promised myself that I'd NEVER make this one as well, but here I am. I figured at least that I'd probably get this one done a bit easier than the Hi-Nu simply because I can build this one on top of the Strike/Strike Noir frame -- which could make this one a bit smoother looking. I dunno. Mind is going everywhere nowadays. Despite liking the "Strike" system a whole lot, I'm not a fan of this design or the "color" simply because of its perceived invincibility...but I figured that it's close enough to the strike where it might be doable. So, basically going off of what I can find online, but maybe jazz it up a bit and lose the super reflective surface.

And so... the usual and humble beginnings of a moble suit... head...

mobile suit gundam akatsuki destiny 3d mesh cg sandrum

Labels:

Comments on "Akatsuki: Head 1"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Feb 20, 2008, 10:29:00 PM) : 

Here's a link to Vicious Projects Akatsuki model. If you like it his might help you out.

http://vpmodel.com/main/akatsuki_popup_com.html

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Feb 21, 2008, 8:09:00 AM) : 

Personally i am not a big fan of the Akatuski, but good luck modeling it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Feb 21, 2008, 5:56:00 PM) : 

I've been checking your blog for quite a while, but this is my first post here.
I'm not an Akatsuki fan at all, but if it turns out like most of your work do, i'll really like it.
If you're interested in dropping that "yellowish-gold" colour, you can try something like Quattro's Hyaku-Shiki's model colour from the Gundam Fix Figuration collection.
Here's a link to the figure:

http://www.gundamer.com/07/7010000000155.html

Keep up the AMAZING job

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Feb 22, 2008, 1:01:00 PM) : 

Akatsuki isn't invincible Shin Asuka/Destiny proved that. :P

 

Blogger sandrum said ... (Feb 24, 2008, 8:18:00 PM) : 

Thanks for the help ;)

 

post a comment