23 November, 2009

Astray Blue Frame: Tactical Arms II

I tried going from start to finish with the tactical arms II unit, instead of holding back the surfacing till the end. Took a while though. I've still got more to do as far as staining and burning but it's close to what I want. I missed some stuff near the multi-barrel that I'll get later. I tried to mix in some ideas from the first tactical arms unit into this one. Still in progress, but it's in its end stages... I hope.

mobile suit gundam seed destiny infinite justice strike EVOLVE Perfect Grade PG freedom astray red blue frame second 2nd revise MG 3d mesh cg sandrum

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Astray Blue Frame: Tactical Arms II"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Nov 23, 2009, 9:48:00 AM) : 

Impressive, as always! To be honest, I never really liked Blue frame the 2nd, but the MG and what you just came up with right now changed my mind.Great job.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Nov 23, 2009, 1:01:00 PM) : 

Looks amazing! I would like to say, do you have any intention of making the Tactical Arms smaller? In my opinion, the original size was WAY too big.

 

Blogger sandrum said ... (Nov 29, 2009, 7:56:00 AM) : 

@Anon: I can't say I agree, though the unit does seem improperly balanced because of the Tactical Arms' size. I actually enlarged/elongated it further because the intake nozzles wouldn't clear the Perfect grade's shoulder guards, as I wanted them to. The weapon thus likely appears even larger on this model.

@em: I don't really "like" it myself, but as far as plastic models go, it's pretty nice. Disappointing that nothing of the MG strike exists in the frame of this one. This is also probably a saving grace as the MG strike is fairly aged. The legs are far too skinny looking for me though.

 

post a comment