06 June, 2009

Impulse Gundam: Sword Silhouette 2

Wow! The MG Impulse is a lot of fun! Went back and changed some of the Impulse parts that I wanted, but still want to do a few more things just for the hell of it, especially after reading the information in the manual on some of the impulse's parts. But as far as the sword silhouette goes, it's pretty close to done if not already. Might be a few things that I didn't see that I'll end up just punching in real quick.

mobile suit gundam seed destiny impulse gundam MG force sword blast 3d mesh cg sandrum

Labels:

Comments on "Impulse Gundam: Sword Silhouette 2"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Jun 7, 2009, 5:13:00 AM) : 

Oh that looks beautiful. Can't wait to see it textured!

 

Anonymous ramzie said ... (Jun 7, 2009, 7:56:00 PM) : 

this is so cool! i wonder if i can do this with a free 3d oftware... in a year... lol... anyways, you're great!

 

Blogger Chris said ... (Jun 8, 2009, 11:54:00 AM) : 

i think you have the swords mounted backwards there.

 

Blogger Raphaël said ... (Jun 8, 2009, 6:26:00 PM) : 

Yeah, swords are backwards.
Think about it, when he drew them he would pull them over the shoulder and they would be on combat position, for that the handle would have to be turned forward, or he would need some serious wrist-twisting skills.
Saw some random episodes that feature the Sword Silhouette, and it's confirmed.
Nice spotting on that one Chris, I missed that (And I do have the habit of seaching fails on sandrum).
Anyways, it was funny.

Some things I noticed but wasn't going to comment, but since I'm here anyways:

The wings + throwing thingy (never found out the correct name) seem to be a little bit high, I think that the arms may not reach them. Probably the distance between the upper engine exaust and the wing are a larger than the model, but I'm erstricted in sources so I can't be sure.

The nose section seems off angled on some parts, the points of view might screw up things, but the angles seem too high.

The lower wing features something like a vertical wing, while on your modeling it's a simple finish.

Mostly I used this: http://fudoushin.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/img_3516.jpg for source of comparrison, but other images came along.

Anyways, I'm not trying to be picky or a pain in the ass, don't get it wrong, I know I remarked a lot of small stuff, but well, just trying to help.

Keep on man.

 

post a comment