14 December, 2008

Evolve Strike Gundam: Arms 2

Taken some time to get these arms this far, most of the inside thus far is guesswork. The outside is approximated as best as I can get it but it feels ...not so bad at present. Might be able to finish it soon, but I'm dreading the legs.

mobile suit gundam seed destiny infinite justice strike EVOLVE Perfect Grade freedom MG 3d mesh cg sandrum

Labels:

Comments on "Evolve Strike Gundam: Arms 2"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Dec 14, 2008, 6:05:00 PM) : 

Looking nice so far. Yeah, the legs has a heck lot of details for the frame. I have 6 of these kits (really) and know pretty much every cm of it. Keep at it!

 

Blogger Knolly said ... (Dec 14, 2008, 8:01:00 PM) : 

Sandrum, if you're listening (well, I don't think I've ever seen you reply to comments, ha).

Something just occured to me... We haven't gotten a badass render from you in awhile due to you not having the time to lend your processor to it, correct?

...

How long will this preposterously overdetailed model that is just full of awesome take to render?

I shudder to think of the timing... But at the same time am pretty sure I would be giddy over the result.

 

Blogger sandrum said ... (Dec 14, 2008, 10:12:00 PM) : 

@Everlasting:

You have 6 PG Strikes!?!?! :o You indeed are a Gundam Maniac! :D

@Knolly: Not sure about the render time, but I'm guessing it's going to bite hard. I just haven't had the moolah to upgrade/get a new workstation (well, had the moolah but other things take priority,etc).

 

Blogger Knolly said ... (Dec 15, 2008, 4:46:00 AM) : 

Priorities in life are silly things that merely serve as obstructions to seperate you from technology and gunpla.

Actually, out of curiosity, any chance you could say what a rough render time on a previously released pic is and the specs of the computer?

I'm starting to get more into 3D modeling, although I won't be doing much rendering since it's for the purposes of rapid prototyping, but I just figured it'd be somewhat interesting to know if you wouldn't mind. ^^

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Dec 15, 2008, 6:40:00 AM) : 

Well, I got most of them off cheap and I use them for conversions. The problem is it takes so long to make all the modifications in the huge scale.

 

Blogger sandrum said ... (Dec 15, 2008, 6:55:00 PM) : 

@Everlasting
Cheap... now that's a nice way to go. It'd be interesting to know what you've been able to convert them to.

@Knolly
I'll keep the specs a secret. The musha deviation tells a pretty bad picture of the time it takes. The saviour I just did took about 16 hours to render (at a pretty hi res). I cut it down a lot to post it. I had to do the flame hypervoxels separately, but even they took a few days straight to render.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Dec 16, 2008, 5:52:00 AM) : 

Still working on this one:

http://www.hobbyfanatics.com/index.php?showtopic=14515

 

Blogger sandrum said ... (Dec 16, 2008, 6:03:00 AM) : 

Wow! That's sick!

 

post a comment