25 December, 2008

Evolve Strike Gundam: Striker Check 4

Merry Christmas! Got a Shinanju and threw open the box. Sucks that I have to work tomorrow and can't do much with it, but it looks dandy. Anyway, stuck the akatsuki's packs to get a peek at em. Don't think I'll change the packs or the akatsuki for now...

mobile suit gundam seed destiny infinite justice strike EVOLVE Perfect Grade PG freedom MG 3d mesh cg sandrum

Labels:

Comments on "Evolve Strike Gundam: Striker Check 4"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Dec 25, 2008, 1:57:00 PM) : 

A Gunbarrel Striker would be sweet!

 

Blogger Knolly said ... (Dec 25, 2008, 9:04:00 PM) : 

My god the Shiranui pack looks massive.

I suppose not having the huge pointy shoulders will do that, aye?

Speaking of evolve style stuff... Perhaps you'll consider the Astray when the PG comes out?

Jealous of your Sinanju... I've got about a week until mine will arrive. Curse you and your ability to walk somewhere to buy it! Being stuck in the middle of nowhere in the US is annoying. :-/

Also, random question... Any chance on throwing together a Unicorn Banshee sometime? I'm actually trying to 3D model the horn and such (it's tricky since I'm working with a new program) to have it 3D printed to make a quick 'n dirty conversion kit. But I've assembled a few sources from random scans from the novel and such (which you may very well have already) that I could send your way if you'd like.

 

Blogger sandrum said ... (Dec 25, 2008, 9:21:00 PM) : 

@Quietstorm -
It would be sweet. I'll have to see if I can scrounge up a Moebius Zero or something and work from that.

@Knolly -
I may have made a scaling mistake there too...
I was considering modding it into an astray...then the news of the PG came out, much to my surprise. It may end up being my first PG as I love the design. I'll have to wait to see what comes with it and its final price though. (probably just the gerbera straight, beam rifle and shield, eh)

I'm very aware of the banshee, but I haven't read up to that point in the novels yet so I'll hold off a little until I know. It's a little disappointing to me that they're so similar looking. I've got the books and gundam ace in hand though so don't worry about scans. ;)

Trust me when I say that I also live in the middle of nowhere (Aomori). The Shinanju I preordered from Yodobashi camera. I live kinda near a toysrus, but they don't have point cards. Ended up costing me \500 yen for the postage because the point card paid for the rest. WOOHOO!!
Don't have much time to put it together though.... ;p

 

Blogger Knolly said ... (Dec 26, 2008, 12:39:00 AM) : 

Haha, I guess I don't really live in the middle of nowhere so much as I live nowhere near a modeling shop... The closest hobby shop is about 2 hours away, and they don't sell Gunpla.

Meh, maybe I'll just move to Japan to ensure a speedy Gunpla fix, haha. But I ordered the Sinanju with EMS shipping which clocked out at 3500 yen or so, so woohoo as far as 500 yen for the postage is damn right, haha.

The weak dollar doesn't exactly help the blow... But whatever, I must persevere for the sake of ridiculous sweet Katoki goodness.

As for the PG Astray, same here, it's probably gonna be my first PG for the same reasons. I've always thought the Astray was one of the best designs out there... Having it as a PG was a huge surprise although nowhere near an unpleasant one, aye?

On another board someone was joking that we should get the 150m Gerbera Straight with the PG. Which would, in scale, be 2.5 meters. That might present a shipping problem for me too, haha.

Anyhow, I kinda hope you make the PG Astray since you'd also likely fall into the trap and have to make every Astray variant out there, haha.

Also, hope I'm not being too pushy but any chance you've gotten any nice renders churned out lately? :P

I had a thought, since you mentioned the limiting factor was your computer... If you Google "render farms" there are plenty of places that you can rent to render things. I couldn't figure out a rough price per render since I don't know the technical bits of it, but I wouldn't be opposed to making a donation to helping you get something pretty churned out, and I'm pretty sure at least a few other people wouldn't mind doing the same.

Like I said, I have zero clue if this is actually feasible to you, but just thought I'd throw it out there. Odds are it isn't that feasible otherwise you would have done it already, but still, haha.

-Alex

 

Blogger Knolly said ... (Dec 26, 2008, 12:44:00 AM) : 

Er, and one more thing since I forgot to mention...

Equally disappointed on the similarity of the Unicorns, however hopefully we'll get a Unicorn Mk2 eventually. However, the Banshee's horn is a bit neat in how it works, since it has some additional non-moving parts that the Unicorn doesn't have that the folded horn locks into and stuff... But still, a far cry from a completely new Unicorn, haha.

I just got the urge to try to model a conversion while working on my Unicorn, plus it's sort of a dry run for me... I'm working on a GN Flag conversion and want to 3D print a few parts of it, so this will kind of be practice for me to get down the process of it all.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Dec 26, 2008, 2:19:00 PM) : 

Having the Astray PG come out opens the door to so many model possibilities. This is the break I've been waiting for! I hope they create a MG version based off the PG version like they have done with the original Gundam and Wing Gundam. That and the variations... that would be sweet!!

 

post a comment