07 November, 2005

Advance of Z: Hazel Custom & Hi-Mobility

So, I was looking through my Gundam references today when I came across an idea that I had a while back. The Hazel Custom HG1/144 came out last month and I have to say that it's quite a nice looking piece of plasticOne of the better designs, but it exists in the story line between Universal Century 0083 and 0088 -- what bandai is calling the Advance of Z (Z=Zeta).


So anyway, I was thinking to myself about what it would take to build this, seeing as how it's such a wee model (much like the seed models I've been kicking myself to do). Then it hits me that the chassis of this one is built off of the GM Custom and GM Quel from the 0083 Gundam series. And magically, this GM seems to exist as a Master Grade!


YAY! So I was musing to myself afterward that I could get started on this one by building the MG GM Quel + frame (it looks more like it than the GM Custom), then modify it to look like the Custom Hazel, which isn't all that much fiddling around. Then modify it again to look like the Hazel Hi-Mobility suit! Just a great design all around by these guys, even though it's ripped off of the original gundam design. Still nice. Who knows if I'll ever get to it though. Of course...if I have the time ... ;)

Comments on "Advance of Z: Hazel Custom & Hi-Mobility"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Nov 11, 2005, 5:47:00 AM) : 

Ivan ha SUGOI :D Yappari GM :D GM no imi wo wakaru kana, moshi wakaranakattara Uya kara kiite ne :D

 

post a comment